In 1902, Henry M. Wright, an evangelist of Portugal and Brazil, came to Bermuda. A great spiritual awakening took place on the island through Henry Wright’s ministry, and many people were saved and baptized. When he left Bermuda, Mr. Wright gave a considerable sum of money towards the building of a church on Dudley Hill in Paget. The church, which was able to hold 200 people, was erected in 1904. Believers were united in this new church, led by Pastor Manuel Benevides. Many changes continued over the next 27 years, including the establishment of a Sunday School in 1910, held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Pacheco Mello, Sr., with an attendance of 20 children and adults.
Today, the church has grown considerably, both in terms of congregation and physical buildings. Its average congregation numbers around 120 on any given Sunday, and even more during special church programs. A modern, new Multi-Purpose Centre was completed in 2000, providing much-needed space for church offices, individual rooms for Sunday School and a large area for special events, as well as overflow for church services.
reside in Portugal
Unreached People Groups
are evangelical believers